Marinated Beef Gyros Recipe
“I came across this Greek-style recipe many years ago. When I changed a couple of ingredients, I knew I had a tasty and good-for-you meal,” writes Didi Trowbridge of Wilkesport, Ontario.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 whole pita breads, warmed
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and sugar; refrigerate until serving. Drain and discard marinade.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute beef for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve on pitas with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 5 servings.
1 gyro equals 396 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,046 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC