Marinated Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 to 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1 fresh beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1. Shake flour in the oven bag; place in ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, onion salt, pepper and liquid smoke if desired; rub over both sides of brisket. Place in the oven bag. Close with tie and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, mustard and hot pepper sauce; spread over brisket. Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag. Return to pan. Bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until beef is tender. If desired, thicken pan juices to serve with beef. Yield: 8 servings.
6 ounces equals 348 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,392 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 47 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.