Marinated Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 to 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1 fresh beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1. Shake flour in the oven bag; place in ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, onion salt, pepper and liquid smoke if desired; rub over both sides of brisket. Place in the oven bag. Close with tie and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, mustard and hot pepper sauce; spread over brisket. Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag. Return to pan. Bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until beef is tender. If desired, thicken pan juices to serve with beef. Yield: 8 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 348 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1392mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0g fiber), 47g protein .
Reviews for Marinated Beef Brisket
"My husband raved about this recipe, took some to work, and everyone asked me for the recipe. Keeper"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.