Marinated Barbecued Chuck Roast Recipe
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (1-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours, turning several times. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Place beef over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until tender, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Cut into thin slices. Yield: 5 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 265 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Marinated Barbecued Chuck Roast
"Just made this tonight and it was excellent! We used Jack Daniels barrel pieces to smoke the meat during the 1 3/4 hours on the grill. Great recipe!"
"Excellent. Cannot believe how tender and perfectly cooked this cheap cut of meat became. Mine was 1.6# and a little over an inch or 1.5" thick and 1hr 45 mins was great. I did sear it first six mins on each side prior to shifting it over to indirect side of grill. And my grill temp stayed around 275-300."
"I used the marinade from this recipe on cheap round steak instead of a roast and it was awesome!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.