Marinated Barbecued Chuck Roast Recipe
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (1-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours, turning several times. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Place beef over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until tender, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Cut into thin slices. Yield: 5 servings.
4 ounces cooked beef equals 265 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.