Marinated Barbecued Chuck Roast Recipe
Bette Roman of Brookfield, Illinois won first place in a local recipe contest with this tasty roast. “It's great for just the two of us or for company,” shares Bette. “I usually serve it with baked potatoes and corn-on-the-cob.”
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (1-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours, turning several times. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Place beef over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until tender, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Cut into thin slices. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Chuck Roast in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Marinated Barbecued Chuck Roast(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >