Marinated Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Add barbecue sauce to reserved marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place chicken over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 35-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning and basting occasionally with marinade. Before serving, brush with remaining marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 chicken breast half) equals 205 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Marinated Barbecued Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.