Marinated Baked Chicken
This tender flavorful chicken is one of my mom's specialties. Soy sauce and bottled Italian dressing combine in a mouthwatering marinade that nicely complements the meat.Cindy Kufeldt, Orlando, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Kale leaves and spiced apple rings, optional
- In a measuring cup, combine salad dressing and soy sauce. Pour 3/4
- cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal the bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning
- several times. Refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain chicken discarding marinade. Place chicken, skin side up, on a
- rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with onion salt and garlic salt.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°, brushing occasionally with reserved
- marinade. Garnish platter with kale and apple rings if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.