Marinated Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Kale leaves and spiced apple rings, optional
- 1. In a measuring cup, combine salad dressing and soy sauce. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning several times. Refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain chicken discarding marinade. Place chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with onion salt and garlic salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade. Garnish platter with kale and apple rings if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Baked Chicken
"I've been making this dish since it came out in the magazine. This is a 2-3 times a month standby - simple and tasty, especially when served with Mushroom Oven Rice."
"Good and quick!"
"I made this for Valentine's Day for my hubby. It was very good. Only used 3 large bone-in breasts. Used onion powder and garlic salt, low sodium soy sauce and zesty italian salad dressing. We steamed a bag of california blend veggie and added them to pan about 10 minutes before we were ready to eat. We will be making this again."
"I also tried using boneless breasts and grilling, everyone loved them"
"a wonderful recipe, used breast halves and whole legs, legs took a little longer. they both turned out extremely juicy and delicious, also made a pan gravy after I took out the chicken, and served on the side. loved it!"
"My husband does not usually like white meat requests this recipe often. It comes out so juicy and packed with flavor."
"This got a "WOW!" out of my teenage brother--it's truly wonderful, unbelievably tender and moist."