- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- In a large shallow bowl, combine sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, half of the celery salt and paprika, salt, and half of the pepper and garlic powder. Add chicken; turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Meanwhile, in a large bag or another bowl, combine crackers and remaining seasonings. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Shake or dredge chicken in crumb mixture. Place in an ungreased jelly roll or broiler pan; drizzle with 1/4 cup butter. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes. Drizzle with remaining butter; bake 45 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Marinated Baked Chicken Breasts
"Very moist, seasoned well, the butter flavored crackers make a nice coating. I used boneless breast."
"My family really liked this even though I used fat free sour cream, and reduced the salt and butter. It's definitely going in my recipe box to make again."