- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Kale leaves and spiced apple rings, optional
- In a measuring cup, combine salad dressing and soy sauce. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning several times. Refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain chicken discarding marinade. Place chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with onion salt and garlic salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade. Garnish platter with kale and apple rings if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Baked Chicken
"I've been making this dish since it came out in the magazine. This is a 2-3 times a month standby - simple and tasty, especially when served with Mushroom Oven Rice."
"Good and quick!"
"I made this for dinner using boneless/skinless chicken breasts and it was a great success with the family! The meat turned out juicy and delicious! Will be making it again."
"I made this for Valentine's Day for my hubby. It was very good. Only used 3 large bone-in breasts. Used onion powder and garlic salt, low sodium soy sauce and zesty italian salad dressing. We steamed a bag of california blend veggie and added them to pan about 10 minutes before we were ready to eat. We will be making this again."
"I also tried using boneless breasts and grilling, everyone loved them"