Marinated Asparagus Salad
A no-fuss side dish is great when entertaining. The asparagus is cooked and chilled in advance, then stands at room temperature in the marinade while I visit and prepare the rest of the meal.
Janice Connelley, Spring Creek, Nevada
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Place asparagus in a large skillet; add 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Arrange asparagus in a shallow dish. Combine remaining ingredients;
- pour over asparagus. Let stand at room temperature for 1-2 hours
- before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 164 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.