A no-fuss side dish is great when entertaining. The asparagus is cooked and chilled in advance, then stands at room temperature in the marinade while I visit and prepare the rest of the meal. —Janice Connelley, Spring Creek, Nevada
Recommended: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Place asparagus in a large skillet; add 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Arrange asparagus in a shallow dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over asparagus. Let stand at room temperature for 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Asparagus Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p126
Reviews for Marinated Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review