Marinated Asian Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork equals 218 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer