- 1 cup blanched almonds, toasted
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 3 jars (7 ounces each) pimiento-stuffed olives, undrained
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Insert an almond into each ripe olive; place in a large bowl. Add pimiento-stuffed olives with olive juice. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, wine, oil, garlic, sugar and seasonings. Pour mixture over olives. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a serving bowl. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Marinated Almond-Stuffed Olives in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p18
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Marinated Almond-Stuffed Olives
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review