Marinara Turkey Meatballs Recipe
Frozen spinach and a jar of spaghetti sauce speed up the prep time for these tender, nutritious turkey meatballs from our Test Kitchen. Freeze leftovers for another busy night.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 9 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, nutmeg, allspice and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 24 meatballs. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8 minutes. Turn; broil 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
- 3. Transfer meatballs to a Dutch oven; add spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Serve with meatballs and sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
4 meatballs with 1/3 cup sauce and 2/3 cup spaghetti equals 405 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 812 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC