Marilyn's Meat Loaf Recipe
Our family of five loves baked ham.. so every time I make it, I set aside some thin slices to add delicious flavor to my special meat loaf.—Marilyn Gould, Belmont, Nova Scotia
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 to 6 slices thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, tomato juice, bread crumbs, parsley, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Crumble beef over the top; mix well.
- 2. On a piece of waxed paper, pat meat mixture into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Place ham slices on meat; sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Starting at narrow end, roll meat mixture jelly-roll style. Seal seam and end of the roll. Place seam side down in a shallow baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains; drain. Cut mozzarella slices in triangles; place on top of loaf. Return to oven just until cheese begins to melt. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Marilyn's Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC