Marilyn's Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 to 6 slices thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, tomato juice, bread crumbs, parsley, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Crumble beef over the top; mix well.
- On a piece of waxed paper, pat meat mixture into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Place ham slices on meat; sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Starting at narrow end, roll meat mixture jelly-roll style. Seal seam and end of the roll. Place seam side down in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains; drain. Cut mozzarella slices in triangles; place on top of loaf. Return to oven just until cheese begins to melt. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Marilyn's Meat Loaf(2)
Sort By :
I used cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella, and American cheese slices instead of mozzarella.
After making this meat loaf recipe several times, I decided to try another. My family asked after tasting my newest effort, "Where's the ham?" They want and expect Marilyn's Meat Loaf, so I don't dare to make another type when my boys are home.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >