Marigold Cheesecake Recipe
I am crazy about gardening and it has spilled over into other facets of my life including my kitchen. I use marigolds from my own garden to create this delicious cheese cake.—Mary Jane Jones, Lisbon, Ohio
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon balm leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marigold petals
- Additional marigold blossoms and fresh lemon balm leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in almonds, lemon balm, lemon peel and marigold petals.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into a greased 9-in. springform pan; place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until golden brown and the cheesecake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool for 1 hour; remove sides of pan and cool completely. Garnish with marigold blossoms and lemon balm if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (11 pieces) equals 285 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC