- 4 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon balm leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marigold petals
- Additional marigold blossoms and fresh lemon balm leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in almonds, lemon balm, lemon peel and marigold petals.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into a greased 9-in. springform pan; place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until golden brown and the cheesecake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool for 1 hour; remove sides of pan and cool completely. Garnish with marigold blossoms and lemon balm if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Marigold Cheesecake in Birds & Blooms June/July 1997, p55
Reviews for Marigold Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2011
"WATCH IT PEOPLE!Some varieties of marigolds are actually poisonous! I suggest researching it before you make anything of the kind!"
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2010
"Is there a typo? Is it supposed to be 4-8.oz pkgs. of cream cheese? 12. oz. just doesn't seem like enough."