- 4 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon balm leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marigold petals
- Additional marigold blossoms and fresh lemon balm leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in almonds, lemon balm, lemon peel and marigold petals.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into a greased 9-in. springform pan; place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until golden brown and the cheesecake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool for 1 hour; remove sides of pan and cool completely. Garnish with marigold blossoms and lemon balm if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Marigold Cheesecake in Birds & Blooms June/July 1997, p55
Reviews for Marigold Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2011
"WATCH IT PEOPLE!Some varieties of marigolds are actually poisonous! I suggest researching it before you make anything of the kind!"
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2010
"Is there a typo? Is it supposed to be 4-8.oz pkgs. of cream cheese? 12. oz. just doesn't seem like enough."