Marigold Cheese Dip
Have a backyard bed of marigolds? Share some with guests the next time you entertain by adding them to a cream cheese dip. It's a surprisingly delicious appetizer.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh savory
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh marigold petals
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, salt and
- pepper until smooth. Stir in the chives, savory and marigold petals.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 160 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.