Have a backyard bed of marigolds? Share some with guests the next time you entertain by adding them to a cream cheese dip. It's a surprisingly delicious appetizer.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh savory
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh marigold petals
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in the chives, savory and marigold petals. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Marigold Cheese Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p228
Reviews for Marigold Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2011
"did U realize that some varieties of marigolds are POISONOUS! Be extremely careful & be sure that you research it THOROUGHLY before you think about doing this recipe. I'm surprised TOH hasn't said something!"