Marie's Crab Cakes
"These crab cakes, from my Baltimore grandmother, are always part of our holiday meals. Sometimes I make them small, as appetizers, and sometimes large, as an entree."
Patty Dzbynski, Owings, Maryland
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Fold in crab.
- Shape mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into 10 patties. Cover and chill for 1
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook crab cakes in oil in
- batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 2 crab cakes equals 243 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 795 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.