Marie's Crab Cakes Recipe
"These crab cakes, from my Baltimore grandmother, are always part of our holiday meals. Sometimes I make them small, as appetizers, and sometimes large, as an entree." Patty Dzbynski, Owings, Maryland
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Fold in crab. Shape mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into 10 patties. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook crab cakes in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Marie's Crab Cakes in Country Woman October/November 2009, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Marie's Crab Cakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review