Margherita Pita Pizzas Recipe
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- 1. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with oil. Top with garlic, 1 cup cheese, tomatoes, garlic powder and remaining cheese; sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pizza equals 340 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.