- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with oil. Top with garlic, 1 cup cheese, tomatoes, garlic powder and remaining cheese; sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Margherita Pita Pizzas
"So good ... and so easy!"
"So easy and delicious! To die for!"
"I have made this recipe several times! I use a whole wheat pita pocket, and i do add a little more of the garlic powder and italian seasoning, i just sprinkle on each pizza without measuring. My husband loves these as well. When i first made them, i saw him pick one up and start eating it. Then i saw him going back twice for more and i had to make more. Both of us probably eat too many of them! LOL"
"These are absolutely wonderful. I've made them for lunches a few times in the past couple weeks. And sooooo easy!!!"
"I made this with 6" nan bread, and it was wonderful! Also note, the better quality the mozzarella cheese, the better this will taste. I sliced fresh mozzarella (rather than the packaged shredded stuff) on the pizza, and it was so, so yummy. Fresh basil on it really makes for a great tasting pizza too."
"Really easy recipe. Taste really good. Good for Super Bowl Game. :)"
"So easy to make! I like to substitute the pita with naan. Yummy!"
"These are very easy to make. I added loads of fresh basil and some garlic salt rather than garlic powder."
"These are so easy and so good.My husband loved them,so i will def make them again."
"I made these tonight. I substituted the tomatoes for pepperoni. My picky kids ate them up, my husband wanted to know where I bought them at. I told him I made them. He was most impressed!!! YUMMY!"