- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine vinaigrette and garlic. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5 minutes. Turn; top with marinara, basil, tomatoes, artichokes, onions and cheese. Cover and cook 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Margherita Chicken
Sort By :
"Fabulous! I my family loved it! They said "Why go out if we can eat at home like this." I didnt have any marinara so I made my own with fresh tomatoes The only thing that would make it better is to use home grown tomatoes. I will definetly be making again when all the tomatoes in the garden are ripe."
"Wow. Fast, Easy, HEALTHY, and Delicious!!!! This will no doubt become a go-to recipe for us. We did add a slice of prociutto to each piece of chicken, and substituted fresh mozzarella. Yum!!! next time I might sprinkle a few pine nuts on top or sliced black olives. GREAT recipe...Love it! :)"
"Very good! Loved using all the fresh ingredients. However, did substitute canned artichoke hearts as could not find frozen in my grocery store."