Margarita Granita with Spicy Shrimp Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons Triple Sec
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 16 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice, tequila, Triple Sec and 3 teaspoons lime peel.
- 2. Transfer to an 11x7-in. dish; cool to room temperature. Freeze 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 4-5 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cumin, paprika, oregano, salt and chipotle pepper; add shrimp, tossing to coat. Thread shrimp onto eight soaked wooden appetizer skewers.
- 4. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat grill rack. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- 5. Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into small glasses. Top with remaining lime peel; serve with shrimp. Yield: 8 servings.
1/4 cup granita with 2 shrimp: 110 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Margarita Granita with Spicy Shrimp
"I didn't try the margarita, but the shrimp is great. I used smoked hot paprika from the spice house."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.