- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic margarita mix, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the margarita mix, lime juice and garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMargarita Chicken
"I accidentally bought the alcoholic margarita mix, and the chicken came out a little dry. Gave it five stars any way because that was my mistake."
"I loved this but my family thought it was too sweet. Next time I will make it just for myself!"
"Great flavor! Tasted great and kids are it too!"
"very tasty and refreshing. would make it again but for company this time!!Gail Borczyk Field Editor"
"I have mae this several times. I have even made it with a whole turkey. Delish !!!!!"
"This was amazing. My husband said it was the best margarita chicken he ever had."
"These were AMAZING. So delicious. I want some more right now!~ Theresa"
"This was a great recipe. Although I never make a recipe exactly as it reads. To this one I added fresh cilantro and chopped jalapeno to the marinade. I had to increase the temperature on my grill slightly to get that great char. The chcken was moist and my husband just loved the flavor!! Served it with a tomato, avacado and cucumber salad. Will definitely be making this again."