Marinated in flavors of garlic and lime, this tangy grilled chicken is ready to go whenever the coals are hot! Serve with roasted corn on the cob and lemonade for summer eating at its most relaxed. —Kelly Bruneman, Cedar Park, Texas
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic margarita mix, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the margarita mix, lime juice and garlic.
- Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the
- chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover
- and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 251 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.