Margarita Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic margarita mix, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the margarita mix, lime juice and garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 251 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, trace fiber), 34g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 5 lean meat
Reviews for Margarita Chicken
"I accidentally bought the alcoholic margarita mix, and the chicken came out a little dry. Gave it five stars any way because that was my mistake."
"I loved this but my family thought it was too sweet. Next time I will make it just for myself!"
"Great flavor! Tasted great and kids are it too!"
"very tasty and refreshing. would make it again but for company this time!!Gail Borczyk Field Editor"
"I have mae this several times. I have even made it with a whole turkey. Delish !!!!!"
"This was amazing. My husband said it was the best margarita chicken he ever had."
"These were AMAZING. So delicious. I want some more right now!~ Theresa"
"This was a great recipe. Although I never make a recipe exactly as it reads. To this one I added fresh cilantro and chopped jalapeno to the marinade. I had to increase the temperature on my grill slightly to get that great char. The chcken was moist and my husband just loved the flavor!! Served it with a tomato, avacado and cucumber salad. Will definitely be making this again."
"Very easy, VERY GOOD, and VERY REFRESHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mmmm Mmmm Good!"
"Another one i was pleasantly surprised by. Very flavorful !"
"This was a very flavorful chicken! Marinade was simple to throw together."
"Yum! Will be making this again."
"Very easy and good. Even the picky husband loved it. Also tried it mixed in with a salad and it was wonderful!"
"This was fantastic! so simple to make! i loved how tendy and juicy it was and how it grilled up - i like when it darkens like this and is "glossy" SOOOO GOOD! definitely will be in a regular grilling rotation! Whole family loved it! made it with grilled southwestern potato packets and a fiesta veggie blend... mmmmm"
"So easy to make and so tasty, too. Definitely a keeper!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.