Margarita Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
Quesadillas have never tasted so good as when they are filled with slightly sweet onions and peppers and topped with lime butter and salt, the perfect balance of sweet and savory. This version is the perfect recipe for a summer party—or a great way to bring a little bit of summer into the cold winter months. —Stephanie Bright, Simpsonville, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + marinating Bake: 10 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add limeade concentrate. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the onion and sweet peppers in oil until tender; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into 1/4-in. strips; set aside.
- 4. On one half of each tortilla, layer Monterey Jack cheese, chicken, pepper mixture and cheddar cheese; fold over. Place quesadillas on a baking sheet. Combine butter and lime juice; brush over tortillas. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 5. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with lime wedges if desired. Yield: 16 wedges.
1 wedge equals 212 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC