Margarita Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, optional
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add limeade concentrate. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and sweet peppers in oil until tender; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into 1/4-in. strips; set aside.
- On one half of each tortilla, layer Monterey Jack cheese, chicken, pepper mixture and cheddar cheese; fold over. Place quesadillas on a baking sheet. Combine butter and lime juice; brush over tortillas. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with lime wedges if desired. Yield: 16 wedges.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Margarita Chicken Quesadillas
Sort By :
"Simple and very flavorful. Just need to remember to marinate ahead. I typically use Reynold's release on my baking sheets but I did not have any residual dripping/scorching from the lime/butter mixture that others commented on. Serving size says 16, but I would debate that. Probably more like 4, if prepared as a meal and not as a appetizer, and 8, if an appetizer."
"This was amazing. We really enjoyed it. We grilled the chicken on a charcoal grill. Because of the added smokiness, we all agreed bacon and gouda cheese might be nice additions next time, but this was great as is."
"This was really good. I wish I'd read blue_eyes998 review before I made this though, as the lime juice really did get all over my pan. (It was my first time broiling something, and my chicken was just a little dry, but that was my fault.) I really liked the lime-butter combo too. I look forward to making this again, after I get a dozen or so miles in on my treadmill. : )"
"This is really fantastic! It's become a favorite. I use a quesadilla maker, so that makes the wedges into sealed pockets for me. If you are going to broil the chicken, make sure you have aluminum foil on the bottom and up the sides of the pan, because that sugary limeade concentrate will drip and burn... and by the time your chicken is cooked you may find you've absolutely ruined a nonstick baking sheet. (I speak from experience.)"