Margarita Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, optional
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add limeade concentrate. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and sweet peppers in oil until tender; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into 1/4-in. strips; set aside.
- On one half of each tortilla, layer Monterey Jack cheese, chicken, pepper mixture and cheddar cheese; fold over. Place quesadillas on a baking sheet. Combine butter and lime juice; brush over tortillas. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with lime wedges if desired. Yield: 16 wedges.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Margarita Chicken Quesadillas(8)
Sort By :
This is really fantastic! It's become a favorite. I use a quesadilla maker, so that makes the wedges into sealed pockets for me. If you are going to broil the chicken, make sure you have aluminum foil on the bottom and up the sides of the pan, because that sugary limeade concentrate will drip and burn... and by the time your chicken is cooked you may find you've absolutely ruined a nonstick baking sheet. (I speak from experience.)
It was a very good chicken quesadilla, the lime flavor really came through in the chicken.
It was very good quesadilla, them lime flavor really came through on the chicken.
Yummy! Definitely on our "do again" list! Easy to prepare. Only downside is that it uses a lot of dishes...A bit too much filling for the amount of tortillas given.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baked Chicken >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >