- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic margarita mix, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the margarita mix, lime juice and garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Margarita Chicken
Sort By :
"very tasty and refreshing. would make it again but for company this time!!Gail Borczyk Field Editor"
"I have mae this several times. I have even made it with a whole turkey. Delish !!!!!"
"This was amazing. My husband said it was the best margarita chicken he ever had."
"These were AMAZING. So delicious. I want some more right now!~ Theresa"
"This was a great recipe. Although I never make a recipe exactly as it reads. To this one I added fresh cilantro and chopped jalapeno to the marinade. I had to increase the temperature on my grill slightly to get that great char. The chcken was moist and my husband just loved the flavor!! Served it with a tomato, avacado and cucumber salad. Will definitely be making this again."