Marinated in flavors of garlic and lime, this tangy grilled chicken is ready to go whenever the coals are hot! Serve with roasted corn on the cob and lemonade for summer eating at its most relaxed. —Kelly Bruneman, Cedar Park, Texas
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic margarita mix, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the margarita mix, lime juice and garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Margarita Chicken in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Margarita Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review