- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Roll one portion into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread
- almond filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style,
- starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down
- on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends together to form a ring.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack. For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and
- enough water to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cooled
- cakes. Sprinkle with colored sugars. Yield: 2 cakes (12 servings
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 227 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.