Mardi Gras Cupcakes
Take these simple gems to a Mardi Gras get-together and watch them disappear. Kids will love helping decorate them. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons each lemon, lime and grape gelatin powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- Purple, green and yellow sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sour cream, oil, sugar and
- eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2
- minutes. Divide evenly among three bowls.
- Stir one flavor of gelatin powder into each bowl until blended. Fill
- paper-lined muffin cups with 2 tablespoons of each flavored batter.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with cream cheese
- frosting. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 301 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein.