Mardi Gras Cupcakes Recipe
Take these simple gems to a Mardi Gras get-together and watch them disappear. Kids will love helping decorate them. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons each lemon, lime and grape gelatin powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- Purple, green and yellow sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sour cream, oil, sugar and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Divide evenly among three bowls.
- 2. Stir one flavor of gelatin powder into each bowl until blended. Fill paper-lined muffin cups with 2 tablespoons of each flavored batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 301 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC