Take these simple gems to a Mardi Gras get-together and watch them disappear. Kids will love helping decorate them. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons each lemon, lime and grape gelatin powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- Purple, green and yellow sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sour cream, oil, sugar and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Divide evenly among three bowls.
- Stir one flavor of gelatin powder into each bowl until blended. Fill paper-lined muffin cups with a scant 2 tablespoons of each flavored batter.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mardi Gras Cupcakes in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p15
Reviews for Mardi Gras Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review