Mardi Gras Beef Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, juice drained and reserved
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion, green pepper, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with remaining garlic powder.
- 2. Grill or broil steak 5 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes (for medium-rare), on each side, or until desired doneness is reached.
- 3. Add tomatoes to skillet. Combine reserved tomato juice and cornstarch; add to vegetable mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Thinly slice meat; serve with vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 263 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Mardi Gras Beef
"Very quick and easy to make. Good flavor."
"I love this recipe, I have been making it for a number of years. It's a great weeknight dinner that won't skeep you in the kitchen."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.