Mardi Gras Beef Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, juice drained and reserved
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion, green pepper, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with remaining garlic powder.
- 2. Grill or broil steak 5 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes (for medium-rare), on each side, or until desired doneness is reached.
- 3. Add tomatoes to skillet. Combine reserved tomato juice and cornstarch; add to vegetable mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Thinly slice meat; serve with vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 263 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Mardi Gras Beef
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.