Marc Ann's Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 hot chili pepper or 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef bouillon
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon bottled steak sauce
- 3 flour tortillas, cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute onion, pepper and garlic in oil until soft. Add tomato, bouillon, broth, water, tomato juice, cumin, chili powder, pepper, Worcestershire and steak sauces. Bring to boil; lower heat and simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour. Add tortillas; simmer 10 minutes. Serve in bowls; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Marc Ann's Tortilla Soup
Sort By :
I have made this recipe for years and let me tell you it is hands UP the BEST tortilla SOUP. You can make it as hot or mild as required depending on family/friends. I use the green chilies in the can (2 cans) just in case you can't locate fresh and of course a can of diced canned tomatoes. Of course, we add chicken which isn't located in this recipe as this is a full meal for us.
The broth of this soup is so good! But my family prefers corn instead of flour tortillas.