Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
A gingersnap crust pairs well with the pumpkin and cream cheese filling.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 70 min. + chilling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 20 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Remove 3-1/2 cups filling to a small bowl; stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- 3. Add the pumpkin, brown sugar, molasses, spices and remaining cornstarch to the remaining filling; set aside 1/2 cup. Pour half of the remaining pumpkin filling over crust; top with half of the plain filling. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl.
- 4. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); securely wrap foil around pan. Place pan in a large baking pan. Add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece equals 423 calories, 30 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC