Marbled Pound Cake Recipe
This rich pound cake features the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Buttermilk in the batter lends to its moist texture.—Kelly McDonald, Edinburg, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter chips, melted
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Combine buttermilk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted peanut butter chips.
- 2. Pour 2 cups batter into a small bowl; stir in melted chocolate chips. Pour half of the plain batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Cover with chocolate batter. Top with remaining plain batter; swirl with a knife.
- 3. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine chips. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over chips. Let stand 5 minutes; stir until smooth. Cool 2 minutes; drizzle over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 576 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC