Marbled Orange Fudge Recipe
This decadent treat doesn't last long at our house. The soft fudge is guaranteed to get smiles because it has the familiar taste of frozen Creamsicles. Bright orange and marshmallow swirls make it a perfect takealong for events and get-togethers. —Diane Wampler, Morristown, Tennessee
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:48 servings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package white baking chips (10 to 12 ounces)
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 teaspoons orange extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 1. Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream and remaining butter. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chips and marshmallow creme until smooth.
- 3. Remove 1 cup and set aside. Add orange extract and food coloring to the remaining mixture; stir until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Drop reserved marshmallow mixture by tablespoonfuls over the top; cut through with a knife to swirl. Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.
1 piece equals 109 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC