Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Bars Recipe
I learned to bake and cook from my mother. I grew up in a family of 12 and we all had chores to do - mine was to help prepare the meals. The more I cooked, the more I enjoyed it. Now it's my favorite hobby.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the water, butter and chocolate; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add eggs and sour cream; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate mixture until smooth.
- 3. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla; set aside. Spread chocolate batter into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drop cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through the batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC