Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the water, butter and chocolate; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add eggs and sour cream; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate mixture until smooth.
- 3. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla; set aside. Spread chocolate batter into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drop cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through the batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
"I really like these. For me they have just the right amount of sweetness. And they are more cake-like instead of brownie-like, but I prefer the cake-like. The next time I make them I will wait until they are completely cooled before cutting them into squares. I only got 35 servings from the 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Maybe by letting them cool completely I'll get 72 servings but they will be small."
"So good! I used a 9x9" pan brownie mix and made the whole recipe of cream cheese topping. This made a thicker layer but I think they came out perfect like that - any thinner and they wouldn't be as rich. Yum!"
"I expected these to be more brownie-like (dense/chewy), instead they were very cake-like. But still delicious!"
"To lighten it up some more, I used fat free sour cream and fat free cream cheese. This recipe is delicious and had everyone raving about it for days!"