Marbled Chocolate Bars Recipe
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 111 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Marbled Chocolate Bars
"Oh my, these bars are the best! I can't make them very often though unless it's for a large group of people. If it sits around the house, I will eat the entire pan!"
"This is a super rich chocolate cake! I did not use all the chocolate chips it called for and it was still so rich. The BEST addition I made to this recipe was adding a flavor liquor to the cream cheese mixture. Everyone loves it! Some notes: You will need a large pan, as it states. Also, because of rich flavor and decadents, cut into SMALL servings."
"The second time I made this years ago, I changed the choc chips to Reeses peanut butter chips. It made a HUGE difference and people always want me to make these - we call them "bad girl brownies!" They are insanely moist and more cake than brownie - leave out an egg if you want them more like brownies."
"Very easy and very tasty. Grandkids ask for this all the time. The only change I make is I use semi-sweet choc. chips. Turns out great. Will make again and again."