- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Marbled Chocolate Bars
Sort By :
"This is a super rich chocolate cake! I did not use all the chocolate chips it called for and it was still so rich. The BEST addition I made to this recipe was adding a flavor liquor to the cream cheese mixture. Everyone loves it! Some notes: You will need a large pan, as it states. Also, because of rich flavor and decadents, cut into SMALL servings."
"The second time I made this years ago, I changed the choc chips to Reeses peanut butter chips. It made a HUGE difference and people always want me to make these - we call them "bad girl brownies!" They are insanely moist and more cake than brownie - leave out an egg if you want them more like brownies."
"Very easy and very tasty. Grandkids ask for this all the time. The only change I make is I use semi-sweet choc. chips. Turns out great. Will make again and again."