- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and
- fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after
- each addition. Gradually add flour. Set aside.
- For crust, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs,
- one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the flour,
- cocoa, vanilla and salt. Lightly grease two 9-in. pie plates.
- Spread a fourth of batter in each. Pour half of filling into each,
- spreading almost to edges. Dollop remaining batter over filling; cut
- through with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes.
- For frosting, combine sugar and cocoa in a large saucepan. Add the
- milk, butter, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring
- frequently. Boil vigorously for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in nuts. Cool for 10 minutes; pour over warm pies. Spread over
- tops. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 533 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 158 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.