Marble Squares Recipe
Field Editor Pat Habiger of Spearville, Kansas exudes, "These swirled bars are so good I just had to share them!"
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 egg; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, bring water, butter and chocolate to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in flour and remaining sugar. Stir in the sour cream, baking soda, salt and remaining eggs until smooth.
- 3. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Dollop cream cheese mixture over the top; cut through batter with a knife to swirl cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 194 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Marble Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC