Marble Loaf Cake Recipe
Joan sometimes adds chocolate syrup to the basic batter to produce the lovely swirls in this moist marbled loaf. "For a sweet finish, top it with a can of prepared frosting...or use your favorite homemade frosting if time allows," she suggests.
- 4-1/2 cups pound cake batter (from Pound Cake Ring recipe), divided
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup batter and chocolate syrup. Pour the remaining batter into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Spoon chocolate batter over the top; gently cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 40 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost top and sides of cake. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Marble Loaf Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC