Marble Loaf Cake Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups pound cake batter (from Pound Cake Ring recipe), divided
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup batter and chocolate syrup. Pour the remaining batter into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Spoon chocolate batter over the top; gently cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 40 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost top and sides of cake. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Marble Loaf Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p33
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Marble Loaf Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review