Maraschino Mini Muffins Recipe
These cherry-studded mini muffins never last long around our house.—Stephanie Moon, Boise, Idaho.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Combine the milk, cherry juice and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture. Fold in the chips and cherries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC