Maraschino Mini Muffins Recipe
These cherry-studded mini muffins never last long around our house.—Stephanie Moon, Boise, Idaho.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Combine the milk, cherry juice and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture. Fold in the chips and cherries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 126 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Maraschino Mini Muffins
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2009
"My DH liked them, but I thought they were bland."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC