- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Combine the milk, cherry juice and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture. Fold in the chips and cherries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Maraschino Mini Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p47
Reviews for Maraschino Mini Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review