- stirring occasionally. Transfer to dessert dishes. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cherry juice and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, beat egg white and cream of tartar in a large heat-proof
- bowl until stiff peaks form. With mixer running on high speed,
- carefully add hot syrup in a slow steady stream. Continue beating
- until soft peaks form. Stir in extract. Dollop over pudding. Garnish
- with cherries if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup pudding with 2 tablespoons topping equals 226 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.