Maraschino Cherry Mini Loaves Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs and reserved juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the walnuts, chocolate chips, dates and cherries.
- 2. Spoon into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap and store for 24 hours before serving. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
1 slice: 204 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Maraschino Cherry Mini Loaves
"These mini loaves are great. I also did some with bourbon soaked raisins instead of the chopped dates."